If you don’t know how to store a wheelbarrow, it can challenge you by taking too much space and a higher possibility of causing damage to it. A wheelbarrow makes life on the farm quite easier. It helps you move stuff around with minimal effort. This saves you energy and time! So what happens when the wheelbarrow is not in use? How and where do you store it? It is common for most people to leave the wheelbarrow in the garage. Others forget them outside until the next time they need to use them.
Leaving them outside is not a good idea because it leads to tray damage. Plastic trays become dry and brittle due to exposure from the sun while metal trays rust when they gather water. A wheelbarrow is a valuable tool that must be stored safely.
How to Store a Wheelbarrow the Right Way
- Keep it out of reach of children
- Secure it properly to keep it from falling
- Store it in an indoor dry space that will always keep it dry in all seasons
- Choose a spot you can see it oftentimes to notice when it falls or become damp
Read more about 3 Best Battery Operated hedge Trimmer in 2021
- Ceiling storage. If you don’t have much space on the floor, you can suspend your wheelbarrow from the ceiling. You do this by drilling holes on the wheelbarrow bin and setting up a pulley to raise the wheelbarrow up. Use a very strong heavy-duty rope to support the weight. Before you choose this option, consider your personal strength. See if you will be able to mount it and remove it as the need arises.
- Fenceline storage. If your garage or shed space is fully stocked, don’t worry you can store your wheelbarrow on the fence. If you have a wooden fence, you will need some 2x4s, a clothesline, and some screws to secure your wheelbarrow. Please note, this storage method will not protect your wheelbarrow from all the weather elements. But it is a great space saver and very convenient.
- Create extra storage. If you understand why you need to store your wheelbarrow indoors you will then create more space. Adding more shelves or cabinets will help you use your available space efficiently. You may also consider storing your wheelbarrow upside down and storing more stuff under it to create more room. You may also get professional help to help expand your garage or your shed with a bump-out.
- Wall bracket storage. This is one of the most popular ways to store wheelbarrows. You mount it to a garage wall or shed using different hooks designed for hanging this tool. A good set of hooks will allow you to put the bottom lip in before swinging the top to the upper brackets. Removing it from this storage, reverse the process of hanging. Different hooks hang differently, a quick look at a hardware store will help you with the kind of hooks you want to use.
Why Is It Important To Store A Wheelbarrow Safely?
Good storage helps keep your garage or shed tidy. A tidy workplace, garage, or shed is safe because you can see where all the tools are placed.
It increases workflow and due to efficiency saving you time and money. A well-arranged garage or shed makes a tidy workplace that is easy to pull out any tool use it and place it back with less effort and time.
Keeps it from breakages. Poor storage leads to the breaking of handles and bending of the axle due to corrosion.
Keeps you and your family safe. Your children, pets, and you are kept out of danger with a well-stored wheelbarrow. Educate your children on the danger of playing with a wall-mounted or ceiling hanged wheelbarrow. It can cause injurious danger to them.
Storing a Wheelbarrow Properly – Final Words
To keep your wheelbarrow in good working conditions for years, it’s best to properly store it. Always clean your wheelbarrow thoroughly before storing it no matter what material it is made of. For metal wheelbarrows, this prevents rusting.
To help prevent corroding, coat the wheelbarrow with olive oil. Let the wheelbarrow dry well before oiling it and keeping it away.
Having learned the benefits of storing your wheelbarrow well, now go ahead and do it. It will save you space, time, and energy removing and placing it back. A lot of time is wasted looking for a tool or trying to remove it from the mess it is under. Become a different kind of farmer and be properly organized!
What's the best way to store a wheelbarrow?
Many people struggle with how to store their wheelbarrow because they don't know what's the best way to do it and they don't want theirs getting damaged or stolen.
Some people store their wheelbarrow in a shed or garage. Others keep them on the porch for easy access. But many people just leave them out and it's inevitable that they get damaged or stolen. The best way to store a wheelbarrow is to put it on its side with the handles down and place some bricks under the wheel, so that if anyone tries to move it, they'll end up breaking their own wheel instead of yours.
It is best to keep the wheels facing downwards so that dirt from the garden can be easily cleaned out.
One of the best ways to store a wheelbarrow is to place it on a stand or rack. To make sure your wheelbarrow stays stable, you should periodically check on its wheels and make sure they are not slipping. You should also ensure that your wheelbarrow is stored in an area with adequate ventilation
The first thing that you should do when you’re deciding how to store your wheelbarrow is ask yourself what type of wheelbarrow you are storing.
1) The best way to store a wheelbarrow is by using a metal rack or shelving unit. This will prove useful in the future as well, since you can use the same rack for other purposes once your wheel barrow has been stored away.
2) Another way to store your wheel barrow is by using a plastic bin that has dividers in it and then placing the wheels on top of
Can wheelbarrows be stored outside?
Wheelbarrows are typically designed to be stored indoors, but the answer is yes, if you take care to keep them out of the rain.
Keeping your wheelbarrows in a dry place or covered with a tarp can help protect them from any damage that moisture might cause.
Wheelbarrows are stored outside but it is not advisable to store them outdoors because they will get wet and muddy.
In addition, the wheelbarrows should be placed in an area where there is more air flow and where people don't walk on them often.
Can wheelbarrows be stored outside at all times? The answer is no. However, it depends on whether the wheelbarrow is on a patio or in the garden.
So they should not be left outside over a long period of time.
How do you stop a wheelbarrow from rusting?
While it may seem like an innocuous question, the solution to stopping a wheelbarrow’s rust is not as easy as you might think.
One of the common ways to stop a wheelbarrow’s rust is to wax it. Depending on the type of wheelbarrow, you can also wrap it in tin foil or coat it with plastic coating. Most people also suggest that you can put some kind of liquid on the metal parts and let them dry out in open air.