If you are sick and tired of raking up leaves and twigs on your lawn, it’s time you got yourself the best lawn sweeper that will make your work easier.
If you have a large lawn, it’s not easy to manage it. But a lawn sweeper will make your work much easier to manage due to its efficiency. Lawns are beautiful to look at and luxurious to have. But the work that goes into keeping it that beautiful is nonstop.
Keeping your lawn looking beautiful every day is a steady job. From watering to adding fertilizer to cleaning it, it is quite demanding. Inventions are here to help you keep your lawn beautiful and use less physical energy.
Benefits of Using a Lawn Sweeper
- Saves you Time. During the fall season, the majority of the yards are covered with leaves. A lawn sweeper helps you clean quickly and without much effort and uses less time.
- Protects the Grass. Grass trimmings cannot be left in the yard. They block the new grass trying to grow underneath. Proper and timely cleaning clears the blockage so grass can access sunlight.
- Reduced Effort. Manual work is very demanding and required tons of energy to do it. Moving the lawn sweeper around involves minimum effort and cleans better.
- Fun to Work with. Cleaning is not enjoyable in the real sense. But with the help of the lawn sweeper, everyone gets to enjoy the cleaning process and get involved in it.
- Safe to Use. A lawn sweeper is a safer option than manual cleaning. While raking poses dangerous especially when you encounter debris; the lawn sweeper protects the user.
- Easy to Operate. The lawn sweepers are easy to operate, unlike other gardening tools that have intricate mechanisms. It is easy to work with and you can get used to it within a couple of uses.
- Eliminates Lawn Diseases. Lawns catch diseases if they are not properly and efficiently cleaned. Using your lawn sweeper to clean the lawn at regular intervals helps keep it healthy.
- Helps Maintain Mower Blades. You will need to mow the lawn quite often to keep the grass in good health. If your lawn is not clean, the mower blades can rust and become less sharp because of mowing dead leaves and debris.
- Less Noisy. A lawn sweeper is quiet compared to the leaf blower. Both help you clean the lawn! But the lawn sweeper is more efficient and quiet while working making it a favorite for most people.
Different Types of Lawn Sweepers
There are many categories of lawn sweepers that you can look at before making your purchase. They include:
- Manual Sweeper – This sweeper is designed to use human assistance. It is lightweight and needs to be pushed around. If you have a hilly yard, it can be inconvenient for you.
- Automatic Sweeper – This type is plugged into power and runs automatically. It works for all types of lawns – both hilly and plain lawns.
- Tractor Attachment Sweeper – This is the most popular type of lawn sweeper. It is designed to be attached and pulled by your tractor during cleaning. It is a great option for large lawns especially when you are going to mow the grass with a riding mower. Makes cleaning easy and quick.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Lawn Sweeper
It’s settled, we all know why we need a lawn sweeper! Let’s look at a few important factors to consider when choosing the best lawn sweeper.
- Size of the Lawn – The size of your lawn should help you decide what type of lawn sweeper you need. The manual push lawn sweepers are good to use up to 2000 square feet while the tractor works best on larger lawns. Choose wisely.
- Sweeping width – The sweeping width matters a lot. The wider the sweeping path, the more area it covers in one pass. Always go for one with a wider path.
- Hopper bag volume – Hoppers are the bags that collect the leaves you have swept. Every time the hopper bag is full you have to empty it. Choose a hopper bag large enough to lessen the time you spend emptying them.
- Quality – Buy the best quality option you can afford. High-quality lawn sweepers cause fewer frustrations during setup and use. They feature parts made of durable materials that provide a much longer lifespan. The best lawn sweepers have strong parts where it matters most – the drive gear that spins the brush, built-in adjustable heights.
Our Top Picks for The Best Lawn Sweeper Review
Agri-Fab 26 –Inch push lawn is another excellent option that you can choose for your lawn care. If you do not have a tractor or an electric mower, this model is for you. It is designed to be pushed manually in your yard.
- Has a 26-inch sweeping width
- Able to collect pines and other larger elements
- Features a capacity of 7 cubic feet hopper bag
- The hopper collapses during storage
- Comes with an adjustable brush
- Weighs 25 pounds when assembled
- Has a flat free tire design with a 4.5:1 gear ratio
Most people feel that the hopper bag is too small. What they don’t know is all you need to do to empty the bag is lift over the pile you have created. If you notice the sweeper is leaving some debris behind, adjust the brush, and get the work done.
- Offers great sweep for homeowners at 26 inches
- Has a large capacity hopper bag of 52 gallon
- Picks up large garden elements like pinecones and twigs
- It is heavy when assembled
- Can be difficult to store
This model is a tractor attached sweeper or what is popularly known as a tow-behind sweeper. It is best attached to an electric lawnmower or a miniature tractor. This particular sweeper does wonders at sweeping twigs and other large elements.
- Has a 44-inch sweeping width
- Comes with a 25 cubic foot capacity hopper bag that allows you to drop it without dismounting
- It has a unique design that allows you to mow and sweep the lawn at the same time
- Has the ability to fold up after work for storage
An Agri-Fab lawn sweeper is best suitable for larger lawns. Check it out if you have a massive garden or large property lawns. You will get an outstanding performance out of it.
- Saves you much time because it cuts and sweeps at the same time
- Has a huge 44-inch sweeping width
Gives you a large hopper capacity of 187 gallon
- It is a massive unit, when folded it weighs about 92 pounds
- Only for industrial use, not suitable for an average home use
Sun Joe Electric Model is ideal for small to medium-sized lawns. It comes with a lawn detacher and an electric scarifier to keep your garden in excellent shape.
- It is powered by a high voltage of 12 amp that works for hours
- Has a 13 inches wide path
- Enhanced by the exclusive Airboost Technology
- Comes with a detachable collection bag
- Relies on steel tines that are enhanced to stay sharp for longer
- Has an instant start button activation allowing easy control of the lawn sweeper
- Incredibly easy to start and use
- Designed for long term repeated use
- Has exclusive air boost technology to make it work better
- Has a hopper capacity of 8 gallon
- Comes with a warrant
- It is light in weight
- ETL approved
- A little heavy compared to other push lawn sweepers
- Requires electricity to power it costing you more each time you sweep your lawn
- Takes a lot of space
Agri-Fab 42-inch is an excellent model that comes with semi-pneumatic tires. They enable the lawn sweepers to transfer smoothly to the working area. This model is best loved for working smoothly in all seasons. Agri-Fab is a tow-behind lawn sweeper that is attached to a tractor. It comes with adjustable settings to allow easy usage. It also has a lever that helps you empty the debris without detaching the lawn sweeper.
- 12 cubic feet hopper capacity
- 42 inches lawn sweeper
- Comes with 4 brushes
- Collapsible hopper bag
- Adjustable brushes settings
- Lightweight and durable
- Comes with an attached warrant
- Easy storage
- Universally attached used with any zero-turn mower
- Picks all types of debris and elements on the lawn
- Difficult to assemble with pictorial directions instead of text instructions
- Not very good quality
Note: Agri-Fab has a variety of best lawn sweepers to choose from. Look them up on Amazon before you settle on a choice.
Proper research of the best lawn sweeper is where you start when choosing the right lawn sweeper. you will need to understand the basics before investing in one. Think through manual, electrical, or tow and see what fits both your budget and your kind of lawn. Bottom line, get a lawn sweeper that will serve you for longer!