Every gardener should gift themselves the best garden hose reel to make your storage work easier after using around in the garden.
After a hard day on the farm, all you want is to pack up your tools as quickly as possible and head home to rest. But coiling your garden hose is one of those tasks we all dread. Keeping your hose on a reel is the easiest way to manage it. As opposed to coiling it and leaving it on the wet and muddy ground.
A hose reel protects your garden hose from dirt, splits, and knots that shortens its life span. There are many options for hose storage that one can choose from. They include Hose hideaway, Pots, and Hangers
The best garden hose reel is an excellent tool for getting your water hose stowed quickly.
Why is it Advisable to Store your Garden Hose in a Reel?
It is advisable to find the best garden hose reel that will help you organize your tubing with ease. Dragging the long hose everywhere in your garden is not only tiring but unsafe. There could be splits or tears that occur during dragging and pulling. Let’s look at the benefits of using a garden hose reel.
Protects your Hose. Your hose is not meant to serve you a few months then you buy another one. It is an investment that sees a lot of use. When it is dragged on the ground, it gets punctured, knotted, and kinked. This prevents water from going through. A hose reel ensures a smooth watering process without any hitches. And the hose stays in perfect condition for longer.
Saves you Time. A garden hose reel saves you a lot of time before and after use. You don’t have to unravel the entire hose, simply reel it up fast and use only what you need. It is also easy to control the hose especially after turning on the water. This makes your job simple and less time-consuming.
Prolongs the Lifespan of the Hose. Hoses are expensive! You don’t want to shop for a hose every year, you want it to last long enough to serve your farming needs. The hose reel protects it from the weather effects prolonging its life span by about 3 times.
Protects you from Accidents. An unorganized hose can cause you or your children to trip over it and cause an accident. During summer, if the hose is lying outside, the water inside it can heat up to 130 degrees. This poses a danger to children if they turn on the hose. The hose reel keeps it in place to keep you and your family out of danger.
Considerations When Choosing the Best Garden Hose Reel
There are many types of hose reels to choose from. It is important to understand what criteria to look for when choosing a hose reel. Here are a few considerations:
Length of the Hose. When choosing a suitable hose reel, consider the size of your hose. Choose a hose reel that will be able to accommodate the full length of your hose.
Durability. Even though you may end up paying a little more for the best garden hose reel, it will be worth it in the long run. Think about how and when you will need to use your hose. If you use it every day, choose a hose reel that is steady enough to be of use daily. If you choose a reel that stays outdoors, ensures it has a durable material. Thus it can withstand weather effects.
Portable or Wall Mount. Choosing either a wall mount or portable hose reel comes down to usability. If you will need to transport your reel around your garden, choose a lightweight hose reel with an easy grip. If you want it at a fixed place, choose one that attaches to the wall and can handle the weight of your hose once it’s rolled up.
Read more about The Best lightweight Garden Hose for Your Yard
List of the Best Garden Hose Reel to Choose From
The Liberty Garden 709 is the best hose reel that is simple to operate and the best wall mount. It has a steady attractive build made from high-quality 13 gauge steel. It features the industrial strength powder coated finish which is weather resistant.
Liberty Garden 709 comes in outstanding features that include:
- 13 gauge steel build
- 5 inches of leader hose
- Powder-coated finish
- Has UV rays protection all around
- Highly durable
The 709 is made up of quality material! Far better than plastic or resin that is the standard material for most hose reels. This hose reel is heavier but solid with a steady handle. This reel can hold up to 200 feet of 5/8 inch garden hose.
This hose reel has a dual mount design allowing you to mount the coil on your wall or use it on a non-skid floor mount. It comes with rubber boots that hold the hose reel firmly to the ground. Even with the floor option, most users choose to mount it on the wall as a better choice.
- Offers a warranty period
- Great build
- Rust resistant
- Comes in a dual mount design
- It offers a pocket-friendly price
- Mounting hardware not included
Ames Reel Easy side mount is an excellent solution for complementing exterior landscaping. It has enough storage to store hoses when not in use. It has a decorative feature that makes it stand out and accommodates a 100-foot hose capacity.
This tool is made up of top-grade plastic which is strong and durable. This material is rust free and strong enough to hold the hose firmly. It comes with an easy spin grip for the assembled hose reel making it comfortable and easy to wind in the garden.
Features of the Ames Reel Easy Side mount
- Accommodates 100 feet hose with standard 5/8 inches hose
- A quality sturdy body that lasts longer
- Easy spin grip with the full assembled reel
- Rust free top plastic material
- Attractive design with neutral colors
- It has a budget-friendly price
- Offers money-back guarantee
- Has an auto-track feature helping you wrap the hose after use
- Easy to use
- 8 times stronger than its competitors
- Linkage problems
- Need extra careful maintenance for auto-tracking
The Suncast Resin is an excellent solution to garden hose storage. This hose reel is built to last and looks great in any lawn, patio, or landscape. It has a capacity of 225 feet and comes already assembled. The Suncast is an attractive design that conceals the hose and reel well. It’s able to accommodate 175 ft of 5/8 inches standard hose capacity.
- Comes in a durable outdoor storage box with a crank handle and lid
- Has a capacity of 225 inches
- It is steady and durable built with a resin design that ensures it withstands the seasons and lasts long
- Has a hose guide that makes winding and unwinding the hose easily
- A strong reinforced tight seal that ensures the tight connection between the hose and the reel
- Comes with a stay up lid for hassle-free hose storage
- Hose hideaway measures 21” Lx 22” Wx21.5” H
- It is fully assembled from the shop.
Ames Neverleak comes in high-quality materials making it 8 times stronger than most hose reels. It is able to withstand low temperatures in winter making it one of the greatest choices.
Ames Neverleak Poly wall mount reel has the following features:
- Times stronger than the traditional hose reel
- Comes already assembled
- Does not support cross threading which is for low-quality products
- Easy to mount
- Withstands very low temperatures
- Available to several hose pipe ranges with 5/8 inches hose.
Ames Neverleak is made from high-quality polyurethane vinyl chloride which although its plastic is of the greatest quality.
- Has an easy spin handle that allows you to wind up the hose while standing in one spot
- Comes with a hose guide to clean your hands after use
- Easy to mount on the wall
- It’s fully assembled as purchased
- Comes in a stunning color
- Mounting hardware is not part of the package
Flexzilla is lightweight, heavy-duty, and a hybrid hose reel that will you serve for the long term. This high-quality hose reel is flexible and portable. It keeps the excess hose locked inside the reel working smoothly with what is outside. It is made from durable UV stabilized polypropylene that ensures durability. This hose is free from breakage, leakage, and rust.
The Flexzilla features include:
- Lightweight and portable
- Does not kink under pressure
- Useable in all weather seasons
- Requires less space to keep
- Easy to mount on the wall
- Comes with an auto –retract system
- It accommodates 30 feet 3/8 inches hose
- Made from durable UV polypropylene
- It is rust-free
- Used in washing cars
- Works under 70 degrees
- Comes in kink proof design
- Offers you a lifetime warranty
- Color fades over time
- Costs too much compared to other bigger hose reels
- The hose length is too short hose length
Selecting the best garden hose reel will allow you to enjoy your time in the garden even more. Whichever type of reel you decide to use, remember, it should be comfortable and durable.
Are there great reels you know that we did not cover here? Or one that did not meet your expectations? Don’t forget to share your experience with us.