Briggs & Stratton is a renowned manufacturer specializing in a wide variety of equipment including air compressors. They offer reliable and friendly to use compressors of different sizes and other equipment that include:
- Light towers
- Water pumps
- Pressure washers
- Agricultural products
- Commercial zero-turns
- Forest & garden products
Briggs & Stratton offer more commercial product than residential ones.
Air compressor is one of the products that can be used for residential work. You can also use them for commercial jobs although they may have a reduced warranty.
Briggs & Stratton Engines
Everyone who purchases heavy equipment needs to know the type of engine the equipment carries.
- This company began manufacturing its engines in Milwaukee in 1908.
- About 85% of all their engines are made in the States of Missouri, Georgia, and Kentucky today.
- They are proud to use mostly U.S parts but also get some of the parts from other global regions.
- The engines can last longer if well maintained and operated decently.
- They can last up to 25-30 years which is quite a long time value for the kind of investment you will have put in buying the equipment.
Are Briggs & Stratton Engines Reliable?
Some people have indeed had a bad experience with Briggs & Stratton engines while others have had a good experience.
Briggs & Stratton’s engine reliability depends on how well you use the equipment and maintains them. If you only use the equipment but do not carry out any maintenance, then is going to perform poorly. Just the same way you take care of a car – get the oil changed every few or many miles is the same way you take care of this engine. Proper care and maintenance keep your engine strong and running for years.
Read more about the 5 Best High CFM Leaf Blowers
Features of the Briggs & Stratton 3-Gallon Quiet Power Technology Air Compressor
Briggs and Stratton 3 gallon quiet power technology air compressor have amazing features that are attractive to the user. These features and specifications include:
- 80% quieter
- 3x longer life
- Larger regulator and quick connector coupler
- Perfect for residential use
- 3 gallons tank size
- 120 Volts power
- About 50 pounds in weight
- 19x14x18 inches in dimension
- 125 bars of pressure
Why Choose Briggs & Stratton 3-Gallon Quiet Power Technology Air Compressor
- An easy-to-use friendly air compressor that can be used in both residential and commercial.
- Briggs & Stratton 3-gallon quiet power technology air compressor is the way to go. It comes complete with an 8 piece accessory kit that makes your work so much easier.
- This air compressor comes with a recoil hose, cleaning nozzle, air chuck, air needles, and more. It also features dual pressure gauges on the compressor with an easy-to-use regulator knob for easy operation.
- This unit holds 3 gallons of air with a maximum capacity of 125psi generating 0.8cfm at 40psi and 0.6cfm at 90psi.
- It has 0.5 horsepower which is a good amount of energy to be used in residential work.
- Briggs & Stratton 3-gallon quiet power technology air compressor is quite a handy piece of equipment for both indoor and outdoor projects. It offers ultimate stability as a stationary air compressor making you work with confidence.
- Though stationary, it is lightweight and easy to move around when necessary.
- Though most people prefer air compressors with wheels for easier movement, they have proved to have some drawbacks.
- The wheels can make the equipment less stable when running at a higher power which makes it topple or fall off. Briggs & Stratton 3-Gallon Quiet Power Technology Air Compressor has proved to be stable enough even when working at higher power.
- Its high-performance electric motor is designed for a longer running time in quietness. Compared to other air pressures, Briggs & Stratton 3-Gallon Quiet Power Technology Air Compressor is reported to run up to 80% quieter and lasts up to 3 times as long.
- This equipment comes with a 1-year warranty with an extension available on request. In case you face difficulties with your engine, it is best to contact the company directly and they can assist.
Common Issues with Briggs & Stratton Engines
Issue No.1- No or Low Pressure
If your air compressor is not putting out the pressure that it needs to, there are a few things that you need to check.
- Check the ball valve to see if it’s fully closed
- Check the fittings and connections for leaks. If loose tighten them more reseal but don’t tighten too much to avoid breakage.
- Use soapy water on the hose to help check for any air leakage. If yes, you will see bubbles forming on the soapy water.
- Check for holes on the hose and if any replace it
- Check how much air you use. If you notice you are using too much air, adjust the regulator to decrease the amount of air being used.
- Check for the air requirement. If it is above the CFM and pressure that the compressor is capable of producing, this means you will need an upgrade.
Check out the 4 Best Outdoor Umbrella for High Winds
Issue No.2 – The Motor is not Running
- If you find your motor is not running, there could be a few common problems that you can fix simply.
- Be sure to check that the compressor is plugged in properly. Use a 120v grounded circuit for better performance. Check to see that the compressor is plugged into the proper outlet. Do not ever try to modify the plug to accommodate the outlet.
- The thermal overload protector that is within the motor may trip. You can fix this by turning off the compressor, unplugging the power supply, and wait until the motor has cooled off. Once the motor cools off, plug it back in after like 5 minutes. This process ensures the thermal overload protector issue is solved.
- Check the relief valve to see if it’s open and close it.
Take Home Briggs and Stratton Air Compressor
From what we have seen, Briggs & Stratton 3-gallon quiet power technology air compressor is an excellent model to choose. This is because you have the support you need from the manufacturer to the point of an extended warranty. You have no reason not to invest in this product for all your residential use. Or you can talk to the manufacturer to get a different model depending on your needs.
Is Briggs and Stratton A good air compressor?
Briggs and Stratton is a brand name for air compressors. A person can buy a Briggs and Stratton air compressor for use in any number of applications, such as painting, welding, or even cleaning a car. If you are looking to buy a Briggs and Stratton air compressor, then you should consider the following information before you purchase one.
Features Briggs and Stratton air compressors come with a variety of features. You should consider how you will be using the air compressor you buy. If you plan on doing large projects, then you might want to look into the bigger, more powerful air compressors. If you plan on only using the air compressor for small jobs, then you might be better off with the smaller, less expensive air compressors.
Most air compressors are powered by electricity. However, you may also find some air compressors that are powered by natural gas or propane. Some of these air compressors can be hand-cranked, while others have electric motors that spin at high speeds to generate the power. Most of the air compressors on the market today use electric motors, but there are still some that use a different type of motor. The Briggs and Stratton air compressor is a great choice if you want an affordable air compressor that will do the job well.
Where are Briggs and Stratton air compressors made?
They're made in China. And they're not "Briggs and Stratton" air compressors. They're electric air compressors, manufactured by a Chinese company.
Are Briggs and Stratton motors good?
If you’re going to buy a lawnmower, it’s probably worth buying a Briggs & Stratton. That’s because Briggs & Stratton engines are used in more than 90 percent of all gas-powered lawn mowers.
How long will a Briggs and Stratton engine last?
Briggs & Stratton makes the best lawn mower engines for most homeowners. The company has been around since the late 1800s and is a household name when it comes to power mowers. A Briggs and Stratton engine is usually one of the most durable power lawn mowers in the market today.
You can expect good performance, reliability and long-lasting power. This is because they are built to last and will not fail you like other lawn mower engines can. Briggs & Stratton has come a long way since its start. It now offers the best value for its consumers with its wide range of mowers and accessories.
How many horsepower is 190cc Briggs & Stratton?
The original Briggs and Stratton engine was a
2.4 liter, single cylinder, OHV, 4-stroke design with a bore of 70 mm and stroke of 90 mm. This engine had a compression ratio of
3.3:1 and developed about 80 HP. The later 3-cylinder models used in lawn mowers had a bore of 58 mm and a stroke of 81 mm.